Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Associate Professor Dr.
Tel : +604 653 4645
Fax : +604 653 3335
Room : 624
School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Pulau Pinang
Data to Knowledge Cluster (PPSKOMP), Brain and Behavior Cluster (USM), Big Data Analytics Cluster (USM), System Biology Cluster (USM).
- Enhancing Ligand-based Virtual Screening using computational algorithms
- Drugs properties (ADME), Toxicity prediction, Drug-Target Prediction
- Drug-Herbs Interaction (Adverse Drug Reaction)
- Protein Structure Prediction, Protein to Protein Interaction Detection
- IoT Analytics
- EEG signals prediction
- Big Data Analytics, Data Mining, Time Series Prediction, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning; Text Mining and Sentiment Analysis
- Application areas: Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Ecological Informatics, Neuroinformatics.
BCompSc. (Hons) Universiti Sains Malaysia
MSc (Computer Science) Universiti Sains Malaysia
Ph.D. University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
KSU-OHSU Essentials of Health Informatics (i10x10) Certification
ResearcherID : I-2635-2012
Scopus Author ID : 35090139100
ORCID : orcid.org/0000-0002-5652-9152
Google Scholar: Nurul Malim
ResearchGate: Nurul Malim
USM Expert: [click here]
Developed Web-application (as grant's or collaboration's output)
A collaboration with Prof Dato' Jafri Malin Abdullah from Jabatan Neurosains, Pusat Pengajian Sains Perubatan under Brain and Behavior Cluster
A data-sharing repository on HUSM historical clinical data archive of neuroimaging records. To apply for data from this repository, a researcher will need ethical clearance from JEPEM. The repository system is ready but data entry is still ongoing. The development project is entering phase two where more people are involved in analytics and visualization platform development.
Copyrights: LY2018000934, CRLY00013434, LY2021P01861.
Drug Herb Interaction System (http://drugherbsinteraction.cs.usm.my/#/home)
A collaboration with Assoc Prof Dr. Tan Mei Lan from the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences for SMART FUND grant.
A web and mobile application meant for the public and also researchers. Public: to query (via mobile app) on possible interactions for the medicine and herbs they took to the pharmacist (cum researcher). Researcher: This system act as a platform for them to annotate the focused-crawled literature on the interactions discussed in the article. The visualization is currently being improved after the final presentation to MOSTI.
Copyrights: LY2021W00432, LY2021P01860.
Water Quality Monitoring System and Dashboard (http://waterdash.cs.usm.my/)
A web and mobile application for water quality monitoring connected to low-cost sensors placed in marine aquaculture platforms (seawater fish farms). The setup is robust in which it can be used in any water environment. At the moment, it is equipped with prediction using the Long Short-Term Memory algorithm for algae growth. This work is now being adapted into the Gamat breeding use case and we are also working on interfacing our system to other commercialized sensors (directly or by acquiring data from their server). This work is supported by TRGS research grants. More details can be found in our publications and presentations: Publication1, Publication2, Publication3, Presentation
Copyrights: CRLY00028206, LY2021P02635.
Projects (Research Grants)
- 2020-2023, (Project Head), A Framework for the Identification of the Best Crosses that Produced High-yielding and Stress Tolerant Crop using Artificial Intelligence Techniques, Long-term Research Grant Scheme (LRGS). Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia, RM 86,800.
- 2019-2022, (Project Head), A Framework for the Reconstruction of Protein Target Activity Prediction Model of Malaysian Therapeutic Natural Products using an Optimized Deep Learning approaches, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS). Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia, RM 95,800.
- 2018-2021, (Project Head), Sensor-based profiling and predictive analytics of solar flux and water quality on the seawater aquaculture farm, Transdisciplinary Research Grant Scheme (TRGS). Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia, RM 158,500.
- 2017-2020, (Project Head), Contextualized Linguistic Forensics Text Analytics Combinatorial Approach for Jihadi Recruitment Detection in Online Text, Research University Grant (RUI), Universiti Sains Malaysia, RM 80,000.
- 2012 – 2014, (Project Head), An Extended Analysis on Turbo Similarity Searching for the Application of Chemoinformatics Database Searching, Short-term Research Grant, Universiti Sains Malaysia, RM 40,000.
- 2011-2012, (Project Head), Enhancing Similarity Searching in Virtual Screening: Analysis of Multiple Search Methods, Incentive Grant, Universiti Sains Malaysia, RM 5,000.
- 2020-2023, (Co-Researcher), Smart and Precision Gamat Aquaculture System, Transdisciplinary Research Grant Scheme (TRGS). Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia, RM 569,796.
- 2019-2021, (Co-Researcher), Intelligence-based Algorithm to generate focused molecule structure for immunopathogenesis allergy drug, Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS). Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia, RM 77,700.
- 2018-2020 (Co-Researcher), Safety and Drug-Herb Interactions Labelling Initiative for Finished Botanical Products, Integrating Data Science and Experimental Strategies, SMART Fund, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Malaysia, RM 831,700.
- 2017-2020, (Co-Researcher), Multi-Objective Optimization Method to Reconstruct Metabolic Network using Graphics Processing Unit, Research University Grant (RUI) Universiti Sains Malaysia, RM 129,451.
- 2016-2017 (Co-Researcher), A Blueprint for a Decision Support System for Classification and Early Prediction of Polygenic Obesity in Humans Using Genetic Loci, Newton Research Collaboration Programme (NRCP), £5,980.
- 2011 – 2015, (Co-Researcher), A GPU Based High Throughput Multiple Sequence Alignment Algorithm for Protein Data, Research University Grant (RUI) Universiti Sains Malaysia, RM 192,500.
Fatini Nadhirah Mohd Nain, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Rosni Abdullah, Muhamad Farid Abdul Rahim, Mohd Azinuddin Ahmad Mokhtar, Nurul Syafika Mohamad Fauzi, A Review of an Artificial Intelligence Framework for Identifying the Most Effective Palm Oil Prediction (2022) Algorithms, 15 (6). DOI: 10.3390/a15060218
H. N. Tran Tran, J. Joshua Thomas, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, DeepNC: a framework for drug-target interaction prediction with graph neural networks (2022). PeerJ, 10. DOI: 10.7717/peerj.13163
Omar Mustafa AL-Janabi, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Yu-N Cheah, Unsupervised model for aspect categorization and implicit aspect extraction (2022). Knowledge and Information System. DOI: 10.1007/s10115-022-01678-5
Saravanan Sagadevan, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Mohd Heikal Husin, A Seed-Guided Latent Dirichlet Allocation Approach to Predict the Personality of Online Users Using the PEN Model (2022) Algorithms, 15 (87). DOI:10.3390/a15030087
Nur Shahirah Md Nor, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Nur Aqilah Paskhal Rostam, J Joshua Thomas, Mohamad Azmeer Effendy, Zurina Hassan, Automated classification of eight different Electroencephalogram (EEG) bands using hybrid of Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) with machine learning methods (2022) Neuroscience Research Notes, 5 (1). DOI: 10.31117/neuroscirn.v5i1.116
Annis Shafika Amran, Sharifah Aida Binti Sheikh Ibrahim, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Nurfaten Binti Hamzah, Putra Bin Sumari, Syaheerah Binti Lebai Lutfi, Jafri Malin Abdullah, Data Acquisition and Data Processing using Electroencephalogram in Neuromarketing: A Review (2022) Pertanika Journal Science & Technology, 30 (1), 19-33. DOI: 10.47836/pjst.30.1.02
Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, IoT Analytics and Its Application in Marine Aquaculture (2021), Penang Monthly, November 2021.
Abeer Abdulhakeem Mansour Alhasbary, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Turbo Similarity Searching: Effect of Partial Ranking and Fusion Rules on ChEMBL Database (2021) Molecular Informatics, (Early view). DOI: 10.1002/minf.202100106
Rostam, N.A.P., Malim, N.H.A.H. Text categorisation in Quran and Hadith: Overcoming the interrelation challenges using machine learning and term weighting (2021) Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, 33 (6), 658-667. DOI: 10.1016/j.jksuci.2019.03.007
Najihah Ahmad Latif, Fatini Nadhirah Mohd Nain, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Rosni Binti Abdullah @ Mustafa, Muhammad Farid Abdul Rahim, Mohd Nasruddin Mohamad, Nurul Syafika Mohamad Fauzi, Predicting Heritability of Oil Palm Breeding Using Phenotypic Traits and Machine Learning (2021) Sustainability, 13 (22),1-24. DOI: 10.3390/su132212613
NAP Rostam, NHAH Malim, R Abdullah, AL Ahmad, BS Ooi, DJC Chan, A Complete Proposed Framework for Coastal Water Quality Monitoring System With Algae Predictive Model (2021) IEEE Access 9, 108249-108265. DOI:10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3102044
Haswani Ismail, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Siti Zuraidah Mohamad Zobir, Habibah A Wahab, Comparative Studies On Drug-Target Interaction Prediction Using Machine Learning and Deep Learning Methods With Different Molecular Descriptors, (2021) International Conference of Women in Data Science at Taif University (WiDSTaif). DOI: 10.1109/WiDSTaif52235.2021.9430198
Hassan Adamu, Syaheerah Lebai Lutfi, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Rohail Hassan, Assunta Di Vaio, Ahmad Sufril Azlan Mohamed, Framing Twitter Public Sentiment on Nigerian Government COVID-19 Palliatives Distribution Using Machine Learning (2021) Sustainability, 13 (6), 3497. DOI: 10.3390/su13063497
H. N. Tran Tran, J. Joshua Thomas, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Abdalla M. Ali, Son Bach Huynh, Graph Neural Networks in Cheminformatics (2020) International Conference on Intelligent Computing & Optimization, 823-837. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-68154-8_71
Nur Aqilah Paskhal Rostam, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Rosni Binti Abdullah @Mustafa, Development of a Low-Cost Solar-Powered & Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring System for Malaysia Seawater Aquaculture: Application & Challenges (2020) Proceedings of the 2020 4th International Conference on Cloud and Big Data Computing in ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, :, 86-91. DOI: 10.1145/3416921.3416928
Sharifah Aida Binti Shekh Ibrahim, Nurfaten Binti Hamzah, Athirah Raihanah Binti Abdul Wahab, Jafri Malin Abdullah, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Putra Bin Sumari, Zamzuri Bin Idris, Ariffin Marzuki Bin Mokhtar, Ab. Rahman Izaini BinGhani @ab. Ghani, Sanihah Binti Abdul Halim, Salm iBinti Ab. Razak. Big Brain Data Initiative in Universiti Sains Malaysia: Challenges in Brain Mapping for Malaysia (2020) The Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, 27/4. DOI: 10.21315/mjms2020.27.4.1 PMID: 32863741
Casimiro A. Curbelo Montanez, Paul Fergus, Carl Chalmers, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Basma Abdulaimma, Denis Reilly, Francesco Falciani. SAERMA: Stacked Autoencoder Rule Mining Algorithm for the Interpretation of Epistatic Interactions in GWAS for Extreme Obesity (2020) IEEEAccess, 8:, 112379 - 112392 (Impact Factor : 3.745). DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3002923
Muhammad Irsyad Sabiq Ismail, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Asrulnizam Bin AbdManaf, Khairu Anuar Bin Mohamed Zain, Dzul Azri Bin Mohamed Noor. Pain Assessment: A Proof of Concept for the Correlation of Sensor-based Physiological Readings to Self-Report Methods (2020) Journal of Telecommunication, Electronicand Computer Engineering, 12/3:, 13-20. URL: https://journal.utem.edu.my/index.php/jtec/article/view/5701/3955
Fahed Yoseph, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Markku Heikkilä, Adrian Brezulianu,Oana Geman, Nur Aqilah Paskhal Rostam. The impact of big data market segmentation using data mining and clustering techniques (2020) Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, 38/5:, 6159 -6173(Impact Factor : 1.851). DOI: 10.3233/JIFS-179698
Nurul Hidayah Binti Roslan, Mohd Rodzi Bin Ismail, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim. The effects of microclimate and air-infiltrationon energy and long-term thermal comfort in high-rise buildings in tropical climate (2020) IOP ConferenceSeries: Earth and Environmental Science, 476:, 1-10. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/476/1/012079
Al-Janabi, O.M., Malim, N.H.A.H., Cheah, Y.-N. Aspect Categorization Using Domain-Trained Word Embedding and Topic Modelling (2020) In: Zakaria Z., Ahmad R. (eds) Advances in Electronics Engineering. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 619, pp. 191-198. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-15-1289-6_18
Malim, N.H.A.H., Sagadevan, S., Ridzuwan, N.I. Criminality recognition using machine learning on malay language tweets (2019) Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology, 27 (4), pp. 1803-1820.
Javeed, M.J.M., Malim, N.H.A.H. Storage consumption reduction using improved inverted indexing for similarity search on LINGO profiles (2019) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 10 (5), pp. 28-35. DOI: 10.14569/IJACSA.2019.0100505
Fahed Yoseph, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim and Mohammad AlMalaily. New Behavioral Segmentation Methods to Understand Consumers in Retail Industry (2019) International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT) Vol 11, (1).
Yee, O.S., Sagadevan, S., Malim, N.H.A.H. Credit card fraud detection using machine learning as data mining technique (2018) Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering, 10 (4-Jan), pp. 23-27.
Mun, S.P., Husin, M.H., Singh, M.M., Malim, N.H.A.H. N-LibSys: Library system using NFC technology (2018) Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 425, pp. 22-30. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-5281-1_3
Omar Aljanabi Abbas, Nurul Hashimah Binti Ahamed Hassain Malim, Cheah Yu-N. Analogy-based Common-Sense Knowledge for Opinion-Target Identification and Aggregation (2018) 2nd International Conference on Imaging, Signal and Communication (ICISPC 2018). DOI: 10.1109/ICISPC44900.2018.9006687
Yeong, B.C., Malim, N.H.A.H., Singh, M.M. NFC-based waste management tracking and monitoring system (2017) ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. DOI: 10.1145/3018896.3025134
Ching, L.L., Malim, N.H.A.H., Husin, M.H., Singh, M.M. Smart university: Reservation system with contactless technology (2017) ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. DOI: 10.1145/3018896.3018903
Kit, L.C., Malim, N.H.A.H. Polarity classification on online customer review using hybrid approach (2017) Advanced Science Letters, 23 (6), pp. 5054-5058. DOI: 10.1166/asl.2017.7308
Wei, L.Q., Malim, N.H.A.H. Scalability of artificial neural network in apache spark powered cluster (2017) Advanced Science Letters, 23 (6), pp. 5039-5044. DOI: 10.1166/asl.2017.7305
Kit, J.L.W., Singh, M.M., Malim, N.H.A.H. Ambient intelligence smart home automation (AMISHA) system (2017) Advanced Science Letters, 23 (6), pp. 5073-5077. DOI: 10.1166/asl.2017.7312
Singh, M.M., Ng, P.J., Yap, K.M., Husin, M.H., Malim, N.H.A.H. Cyberbullying and a mobile game app? An initial perspective on an alternative solution (2017) Journal of Information Processing Systems, 13 (3), pp. 559-572. DOI: 10.3745/JIPS.04.0033
Lim Wei Pin, Kuay Chong Lee, Lim Kiang Leng and Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim. Library Advisor - An Information Management System on Standard Cell Library (2017) Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Computing and Informatics (ICOCI 2017), Kuala Lumpur. 25-27April, 2017. URL: http://repo.uum.edu.my/22815/
Chow Sook Theng, Saravanan Sagadevan, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim. Leisure Technology for the Elderly: A Survey, User Acceptance Testing and Conceptual Design (2017) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications 8 (12), 100 -115. DOI: 10.14569/IJACSA.2017.081214
Tahir, T.B.M., Husin, M.H.B., Malim, N.H.A.H. Children and social media usage: Malaysian initial perspective (2016) 2016 3rd International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences, ICCOINS 2016 - Proceedings, , pp. 143-147. DOI: 10.1109/ICCOINS.2016.7783204
Zulkefli, Z.B., Malim, N.H.A.H., Al-Laila, M.H. GPU implementation of Turbo Similarity Searching using binary and fragment occurrence descriptors (2016) 2016 3rd International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences, ICCOINS 2016 - Proceedings, , pp. 282-286. DOI: 10.1109/ICCOINS.2016.7783228
Mohd-Hilmi, M.-N., Al-Laila, M.H., Malim, N.H.A.H. Accelerating group fusion for ligand-based virtual screening on multi-core and many-core platforms (2016) Journal of Information Processing Systems, 12 (4), pp. 724-740. DOI: 10.3745/JIPS.01.0012
Al-Laila, M.H., Hilmi, M.N., Malim, N.H.A.H. Accelerating turbo similarity searching on multi-cores and many-cores platforms (2016) Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 362, pp. 81-92. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-24584-3_8
Nurul H. A. Hassain Malim, Yong Pei-Chia, Marwah H. Al-Laila, Shereena M. Arif. The Effect of Adding Indirect Relationship to Turbo Similarity Searching (2016) Open Pharmaceutical Sciences Journal,3, pp. 99-116. DOI: 10.2174/1874844901603010099
Rostam, N.A., Zulkiffli, N.F., Ghazali, N.H., Ahamed Hassain Malim, N.H., Mahinderjit Singh, M., Husin, M.H. The acceptance study of NFC technology: A survey of models and user acceptance (2015) 2nd International Symposium on Technology Management and Emerging Technologies, ISTMET 2015 - Proceeding, , pp. 53-57. DOI: 10.1109/ISTMET.2015.7359000
Majid, O.B., Hilmi, M.F., Rashid, N.A., Syed-Mohammad, S.M., Malim, N., Zainol, Z. Collaborative Learning Environment with Think-Pair-Share Method and Learning Tools for Learning Arabic Online (2015) Proceedings - 2013 Taibah University International Conference on Advances in Information Technology for the Holy Quran and Its Sciences, NOORIC 2013, , pp. 77-82. DOI: 10.1109/NOORIC.2013.27
Sagadevan, S., Malim, N.H.A.H., Husin, M.H. Sentiment Valences for Automatic Personality Detection of Online Social Networks Users Using Three Factor Model (2015) Procedia Computer Science, 72, pp. 201-208. DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2015.12.122
Zulkefli, Z., Singh, M.M., Malim, N.H.A.H. Advanced persistent threat mitigation using multi level security – access control framework (2015) Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 9158, pp. 90-105. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-21410-8_7
Cherng, L.Y., Hassain Malim, N.H.A., Mahinderjit Singh, M. Trend analysis in ageing and ICT research (2015) Jurnal Teknologi, 76 (1), pp. 313-327. DOI: 10.11113/jt.v76.4046
Arif, S., Khan, N.Z.S., Malim, N., Zainudin, S. Retrieval performance using different type of similarity coefficient for virtual screening (2015) Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 9 (5), pp. 391-395. DOI: 10.19026/rjaset.9.1418
Chew, C.B., Wei, K.C., Sheng, T.W., Mahinderjit-Singh, M., Malim, N.H.A.H., Husin, M.H. Security challenges and mitigations of NFC-Enabled attendance system (2015) Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 9141, pp. 160-167. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-20472-7_18
Osman, N.F., Samsudin, N.F., Nor, N.S.M., Husin, M.H., Malim, N.H.A.H., Singh, M.M. User friendliness of near-field communication (2015) ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 10 (15), pp. 6370-6375.
Ainin Sofiya Othman, Hafizah Abd Kadir, Nur Hazwa H Ishak, Mohd Heikal Husin, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Manmeet Mahinderjit Singh, Mobile Organizer Usage among Malaysian University Students: An Initial Study within Universiti Sains Malaysia (2015) ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 10 (15), pp 6381-6386.
Jap Show Foong, Lok Li Ching, Khor Choon Chiat, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Mohd Heikal Husin, Manmeet Mahinderjit Singh. Localizing User Experience for Mobile Application: A case study among USM undergraduates. (2015) 5th International Conference on Computing and Informatics 2015 (ICOCI 2015). Istanbul, Turkey
Syuib, M., Arif, S.M., Malim, N. Comparison of similarity coefficients for chemical database retrieval (2014) Proceedings - 1st International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation, AIMS 2013, , pp. 129-133. DOI: 10.1109/AIMS.2013.28
Kadhim, A.I., Cheah, Y.-N., Ahamed, N.H., Salman, L.A. Feature extraction for co-occurrence-based cosine similarity score of text documents (2014) 2014 IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development, SCOReD 2014, , pp. -. DOI: 10.1109/SCORED.2014.7072954
Kadhim, A.I., Cheah, Y.-N., Ahamed, N.H. Text Document Preprocessing and Dimension Reduction Techniques for Text Document Clustering (2014) Proceedings - 2014 4th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence with Applications in Engineering and Technology, ICAIET 2014, , pp. 69-73. DOI: 10.1109/ICAIET.2014.21
Shereena Md Arif, Fatimah Zawani Abdullah, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim Prestasi Jejak Jari 2D dalam Pangkalan Data Kimia Pubchem (2014) Jurnal Teknologi Maklumat dan Multimedia Asia-Pasifik, Vol. 3 No. 2 :63 – 70. DOI: 10.17576/apjitm-2014-0302-05
Manmeet Mahinderjit Singh, P'Ng Yuan Jin, Lau Lap Bann, Justin Lim Wei Kit, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim. RFID-enabled Elderly Movement Tracking System In Smart Homes (2014) Knowledge Management International Conference (KMICe), Langkawi, Malaysia.
Norhidayah Abd. Rahman, Nor Suzana Razali, Siti Aisyah Mohd Ali, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Mohd Heikal Husin, Manmeet Mahinderjit Singh. Digital Etiquette: Educating Primary School Children via Mobile Game Application (2014) Knowledge Management International Conference (KMICe 2014), Langkawi, Malaysia.
Malim, N., Pei-Chia, Y., Arif, S.M. New strategy for Turbo Similarity Searching: Implementation and testing (2013) 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Information Systems, ICACSIS 2013, , pp. 179-184. DOI: 10.1109/ICACSIS.2013.6761572
SeyedVahid Dianat, Yasaman Eftekharypour, Nurul Malim and Nur'Aini Abdul Rashid. Enhance Similarity Searching Algorithm with Optimized Fast Population Count Method Based on Parallel Design (2013). IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering. (2278-0661), 14:43-52.
Shereena M Arif and Nurul Malim. Carian Persamaan Pangkalan Data Drug: Satu Ulasan (2013). Jurnal Teknologi Maklumat dan Multimedia Asia-Pasifik, 2:39 -47.
Lee Heng Wei, Mohd Azam Osman, Nurul Malim and Manmeet Mahinderjit Singh (2013). User Requirement Analysis and Function Engineering: Insight from a Designed of a Mobile-Health System for Tuberculosis Patients in Malaysia. International Journal of Information Processing and Management(IJIPM). (-), 4:1-12.
Shiang-Yen, T., Wei, L.H., Osman, M.A., Malim, N. Exploring the potential of applying information and communication technology among the farming community in Malaysia (2012) Proceedings - 2012 8th International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management, ICCM 2012, 2, pp. 842-845.
Nur’Aini Abdul Rashid, Nurul Malim and Sharifah Mashita Syed-Mohamad. Contributing Factors to the Performance of the Computer Sciences Undergraduates in USM: A Case Study (2012). EDULEARN12 Proceedings.
Holliday, J.D., Kanoulas, E., Malim, N., Willett, P. Multiple search methods for similarity-based virtual screening: Analysis of search overlap and precision (2011) Journal of Cheminformatics, 3 (8). DOI: 10.1186/1758-2946-3-29
Arif, S.M., Hert, J., Holliday, J.D., Malim, N., Willett, P. Enhancing the effectiveness of fingerprint-based virtual screening: Use of turbo similarity searching and of fragment frequencies of occurrence (2009) Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 5780 LNBI, pp. 404-414. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-04031-3_35
Gardiner, E.J., Gillet, V.J., Haranczyk, M., Hert, J., Holliday, J.D., Malim, N., Patel, Y., Willett, P. Turbo similarity searching: Effect of fingerprint and dataset on virtual-screening performance (2009) Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, 2 (2), pp. 103-114. DOI: 10.1002/sam.10037
Mohd Izham Jaya, Zurinahni Zainol and Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim. iProt – A Data Warehouse For Protein Database (2007) Proc. of the International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI2007), 17-19 June 2007, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia.
Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim & Zurinahni Zainol. Extraction Of Defensin Antimicrobial Peptide From SWISS-PROT Database Using Extended Boyer-More Algorithm (2007) Proc. of the International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics (ICEEI 2007), 17-19 June 2007, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia.
Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Zurinahni Zainol and Wahidah Hussain. Mining Structured Data from Biological Databases (2006) Regional Computer Science Postgraduate Conference 2006 (ReCSPC’06), 27 – 28 June 2006, Hydro Majestic Hotel, Penang, Malaysia, Pg 92 - 98
Abdullah Embong, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim, Noorbaiti Abd. Hamid and Muhammad Zarlis. Math E-Tutor: Towards A Better Self-Learning Environment (2005) Proceedings of the First IMT-GT International Conference, 13-15 June 2005, Niagara Hotel, Lake Toba, Indonesia, Pg 579 - 588.
Abdullah Embong, Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim and Noorbaiti Abd. Hamid. On-Line Learning: e-Tutoring for Lower Secondary School Mathematics Self-Evaluation (2005) International Conference on Science and Mathematics Education (CoSMED) 2005, 6-8 December 2005, RECSAM, Penang.
Abdullah Embong, Noorbaiti Abd. Hamid dan Nurul Hashimah Ahamed Hassain Malim. Sistem Pembelajaran Individu Berasaskan Web: Mempertingkatkan Proses Pengajaran Matematik Di Dalam Bahasa Inggeris (2005) Konvensyen Teknologi Pendidikan Ke-18, 16-18 September 2005, Terengganu, Pg 476 - 480.
Supervision (Postgraduate only)
Nurul Hidayah Roslan, 2022 (Ph.D., Co-SV, School of Housing, Building and Planning, USM) - Impact of Building Geometry Factors on Thermal Comfort and Energy Performances of Glass Facade High-rise Office Buildings in Hot and Humid Climate Malaysia
Al Janabi Omar Mustafa Abbas, 2021 (Ph.D., Main SV) - Domain-Independent Bayesian Model for Aspect Category Detection and Distributed Vector for Implicit Aspect Extraction
Ammar Ismael Kadhim, 2016 (Ph.D., Co-SV) - An Improved K-Nearest Neighbors Approach Using Modified Term Weighting And Similarity Coefficient For Text Classification
Pradeep A/l Isawasan, 2015 (Ph.D., Co-SV) - Variants of Array-Rewriting P Systems For Generating Picture Arrays
Saravanan A/l Sagadevan, 2017 (MSc Research, Main SV) - Comparison of Machine Learning Algorithms for Personality Detection in Online Social Networking
Fahed Yoseph, 2017 (MSc Research, Main SV) - Market Segmentation Using Enhanced RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary) Model
Alhasbary Abeer Abdulhakeem Mansour, 2018 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Investigation of Turbo Similarity Searching on ChEMBL dataset
Lee Ter Yi, 2018 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Improvement in SVM-KNN for Stock Market Prediction using Feature Selection
Muhammad Jaziem Bin Mohamed Javeed, 2018 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Prediction of Drug Target Interaction using Association Rule Mining
Nur Shahirah Binti Md Nor, 2018 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Automated Classification Of Eight Different Electroencephalogram (EEG) Bands Using Hybrid of Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) with Machine Learning Methods
Ng Tzy Luen, 2017 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Parallel Hybrid Discrete Cuckoo Search for the Travelling Salesman Problem
Salih Abdullah Ahmad, 2014 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Accelerating Similarity Searching: An Implementation of New Representation and Search Strategy
Marwah Haitham Khattab Al-Laila, 2013 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Accelerating Turbo Similarity Searching in Cheminformatics on Multi-core and GPU Platforms
Seyedvahid Dianat, 2013 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Improvement of Similarity Searching Algorithm by Applying optimized fast population counts based on parallel design
Muhammad Norhadri Bin Mohd Hilmi, 2013 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Accelerating Group Fusion on Multicore and GPU Platforms
Mustafa Abdullah Khalaf Al-Barmawi, 2013 (MSc Mixed-mode, Main SV) - Accelerating Similarity Fusion on Multicore and GPU Platforms
Yang ShengPing (Ph.D., Main SV)
Abeer Abdulhakeem Mansour Alhasbary (Ph.D., Main SV)
Nur Aqilah Paskhal Binti Rostam (Ph.D., Main SV)
Saravanan A/l Sagadevan (Ph.D., Main SV)
Alhaliq Hani Abdallah Hamdan (Ph.D., Main SV)
Fatini Nadhirah Binti Mohd Nain (MSc Research, Main SV)
Najihah Ahmad Latif (MSc Research, Main SV)
Mohamed Aizuddin Mohamed Ismail (MSc Research, Main SV)
CPT 113 / CPM 213 (Undergraduate) - Metodologi Pengaturcaraan & Struktur Data (Programming Methodology & Data Structures), 2020 - Present
CPT 111 / CPM 111 (Undergraduate) – Prinsip-prinsip Pengaturcaraan (Principles of Programming), 2019 - Present
CPT211/CPM313 (Undergraduate) - Konsep & Paradigma Bahasa Pengaturcaraan (Programming Language Concepts & Paradigms), 2012 – 2018.
CST331 (Undergraduate) - Prinsip Pengaturcaraan Selari & Teragih (Principles of Parallel & Distributed Programming), 2011 – 2018.
CPT212 (Undergraduate) – Rekabentuk & Analisa Algoritma (Design & Analysis of Algorithms), 2013.
GCN 510 (Postgraduate) - Computational Neurosciences and Neuroinformatics, 2018 - Present
CDS511 (Postgraduate) – Consumer Behavior and Social Media Analytics/Perilaku Pengguna dan Analitik Media Sosial, 2018.
CIT563 (Postgraduate) - Informatik Kesihatan Pengguna / Consumer Health Informatics, 2015
CIT562 (Postgraduate) - Perkomputeran Bioinformatik / Bioinformatics Computing, 2016.
Recognition & Leadership
- Excellence Service Award 2013 & 2017 (USM)
- Excellence Industry/Community Engagement Award 2014 (USM)
- Silver Medal for System Online Day Care for the Elderly (SODCE) in National Innovation and Invention Competition through Exhibition 2015 (iCompEx’15), Politeknik Sultan Abdul Halim Muádzam Shah, Jitra, Kedah (National)
- Silver Medal for DIY-Commerce for Clothing Makers and Tailors at Korea International Women’s Invention Exposition 2015, Seoul, Korea (International).
- Silver Medal for Multifactor Identification System (MIDAS) at Korea International Women’s Invention Exposition 2015, Seoul, Korea (International).
- TIIIA Outstanding Diploma for DIY-Commerce for Clothing Makers and Tailors at Korea International Women’s Invention Exposition 2015, Seoul, Korea (International).
- WASABI programming CAMP (Sakura Exchange Program in Science), 06/12/2014-13/12/2014, Keio University (International)
- Visiting Scientist, Development of Independent Living Framework and Analytics using ECHONET LITE in Smart Homes: A planning and milestones for the School of Computer Sciences Project, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST), 11 – 31 July 2016 (International).
- Visiting Researcher, A Blueprint for a Decision Support System for Classification and Early Prediction of Polygenic Obesity in Humans Using Genetic Loci, Liverpool John Moores University, 24th April – 21st June 2017 (International).
- Researcher, Southeast Asia International Joint Research and Training Program (SEAIP) 2016, 05/12/2016-09/12/2016, National Center for High-Performance Computing Centre, Taiwan (International)
- Invited Speaker, Graduate on Time, Computer Science Postgraduates Colloquium, 2012.
- Invited Speaker, 2014, Pusat Pengajian Pendidikan Jarak Jauh, Antara Kerja dan Kerjaya, Program Komuniti PPPJJ Bersama Pelajar Sekolah dari Pusat Wilayah Rancangan Pengajian Jarak Jauh (National)
- Invited Speaker, Data Mining, Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Science: How are they Different?, International Conference on Advanced Informatics 2016, 16-19 August 2016, Penang, Malaysia (International).
- Invited Speaker, Research Communication, EBA Workshop 2016, 25 August – 3rd September 2016, Penang, Malaysia (International).
- Invited Speaker, GPU @ School of Computer Sciences, PPSKOMP, Deep Learning and GPU Workshop 2016, 24th November 2016, USM (National)
- Presenter, Independent Living Analytics Framework: An Assisted Living Solution for the Ageing Community in Malaysia, Southeast Asia International Joint Research and Training Program (SEAIP) 2016, 5th -9th December 2016, Taiwan (International)
- Presenter, Cheminformatics at Universiti Sains Malaysia, PRAGMA 33 Meeting, 16th - 17th October 2017, Brisbane, Australia (International)
- Invited Speaker, High-Performance Computing and Deep Learning in Cheminformatics, UTP Cape, Kuala Lumpur, Universiti Teknologi Petronas, HPC, Grid, Cloud & Identity (HGCI) Summit 2017, 27th - 28th November 2017, UTP Cape (National)
- Invited Speaker, Chemical Similarity Searching in Cheminformatics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, USM, Computer-Aided Drug Design Seminar and Workshop 2017, 6th – 8th December 2017, Langkawi Malaysia (International)
- Invited Speaker, Young Makers: A Journey to the Future, CREST, ASM dan MARA, Young Makers Program 2017, 23rd November 2017, sains@usm (National)
- Presenter, Neuro Data Platform for Neuroscientist, Big Data Summit 2 & PRAGMA 35 Meeting, 3rd - 6th October 2018, Penang, Malaysia (International)
- Invited Speaker, Obesity prediction based on population genetics inheritance, USM-RESEARCHER LINK-BRITISH COUNCIL-NEWTON UNGKU OMAR FUND, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data Analysis and Bioinformatics: Genomics of Complex Diseases, 15th October 2018, USM Penang (International)
- Invited Speaker, Dimensionality Reduction on LINGO Profile Fingerprint Representation, Novorient-UTM-UMW Group, 4th HPC, Grid, Cloud & Identity (HGCI) Summit 2018/AI, 28th - 29th November 2018, Dorsett Hotel Putrajaya, (International)
- Invited Speaker, Pengenalan Projek P3Neuro – Pusat Pengajian Sains Komputer, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, 15th October 2018, Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia (University)
- Keynote Speaker, Industrial Revolution 4.0 in Education Technology, International Conference on Social, Sciences and Information Technology, 19th – 20th August 2020, STMIK Royal Kiasaran, North Sumatera, Indonesia (Online)(International) - Watch here
- Invited Speaker, Development of a Low-Cost Solar-Powered & Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring System for Malaysia Seawater Aquaculture: Application & Challenges, ASEAN IVO Forum 2020 (Online) (International) - Watch here
- Keynote Speaker, Data Analytics and Machine Learning in Medicine and Healthcare, Stadium Generale AI Talent Academy Program Studi Teknik Informatika, 19th August 2021, Universitas Yarsi (Online) (International) - Watch here
- Keynote Speaker, Deep Learning applications in Ecology Informatics, PRAGMA Student Workshop 2021, 10 December 2021, Universitas Yarsi & PRAGMA (Online) (International) - Watch here
- Steering Committee, The Pacific Rim Application and Grid Middleware Assembly (PRAGMA) (International)
- Research Mentor, Bachelor of Information Technology, Universitas Yarsi (1st Oct 2021 - 15th Dec 2021) (International)
- EXCO , MyBioInfoNet, 2019-2021 (National )
- Advisor, Computer Science Society (2013 - 2015; Sept 2018 - Present)
- Program Chairperson, Computing Science, School of Computer Sciences (1st Jan 2013 - 31st Dec 2015)
- Chair, Big Data Summit 2 & PRAGMA 35 Meeting (International)
- Acting Program Manager, Industrial Training, Student Activities, and Community Engagement, School of Computer Sciences (1st Sept 2018 - 31st Dec 2018)
- Program Manager, Industrial Training, Student Activities, and Community Engagement, School of Computer Sciences (1st Jan 2019 - 31st Dec 2021)
- Acting Deputy Dean (Academic, Career, and International), School of Computer Sciences (1st April 2021 - 31st Dec 2021)
- Deputy Dean (Academic, Career, and International), School of Computer Sciences (1st Jan 2022 - 31st Dec 2024)
- Hits: 6182