Mohd Heikal Husin, Ts. Dr.
Tel : +604 653 2129
Fax : +604 653 3335
Room : 622
School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Pulau Pinang
CURRENT Research Interest
Organizational impacts of socially based applications, Semantic web / Data mining, Management Information System (MIS)
Government 2.0, Social media applications / usage, Web 2.0, Enterprise 2.0, Socially web based platforms
BA (Hons) in Multimedia Computing, Coventry University, UK / INTI International University, Malaysia.
MSc in e-Commerce, University of South Australia, Aus.
PhD (IT), University of South Australia, Aus.
Organizational impacts of socially based applications
IT Policy development
Semantic web / Data mining
Management Information System (MIS)
- A Theoretical Framework for Ethical Online Behaviours on Social Media Platforms among Malaysian Primary School Students (2017, completed)
- ResQ Banjir: A Mobile Apps for Emergency Rescue, Evacuation and Relief Center Management (March 2015): co-researcher. Project led by PM. Muhammad Rafie Hj Mohd Arshad (completed January 2016)
1. A New Model for Malaysian Government Social Media Use by Integrating with Cyber-Physical Systems via Crowd Sensing Technique: co-researcher & co-leader.(Started Nov 2020).
- Shaping Pro-Environment Behaviours: co-researcher & co-leader.(Started April 2019). Currently a sub-project leader for the Education Module under the main project.
Publications (Last 5 years)
Waqar Ahmed, A.S., Husin, M.H., Abdullah, N.A., Fourth Industrial Revolution Review: Usage of Augmented Reality in the Malaysian Tourism Sector, (2023), International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology, Seventh Sense Research Group (SSRG), vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 174-185, February 2023 (SCOPUS)
Baba-Nalikant, M., Syed-Mohamad, S.M, Husin, M.H., Abdullah, N.A., Mohamad Saleh, M.S., Abdul Rahim, A., A Zero-Waste Campus Framework: Perceptions and Practices of University Campus Community in Malaysia, (2023), Recycling, vol. 8, no. 1, February 2023, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/recycling8010021 (SCOPUS)
Mahmud, A., Yusoff, M.N., Husin, M.H., Generation Z’s adoption of IoT: protection motivation theory as the underlying model and gender as a moderator, (2023) Journal of Systems and Information Technology, DOI: 10.1108/JSIT-02-2022-0054 (SCOPUS)
Mu'azu Ahmed, A., Abdullah, N.A., Husin, M.H., Bello, H., (2023), Intention to Participate in MOOCs: Case of University Students in Northwestern Nigeria During COVID-19 Pandemic, International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies, OJS, vol. 17, no. 7, pg. 97-117, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3991/ijim.v17i07.30093 (SCOPUS)
Baba-Nalikant, M., Abdullah, N.A., Husin, M.H., Syed-Mohamad, S.M., Mohamad Saleh, M.S., Abdul Rahim, A. The Relationship between Knowledge, Attitudes, Values, and Technology in Promoting Zero-Waste Pro-Environmental Behaviour in a Zero-Waste Campus Framework, (2023), Recycling, vol. 8, no. 40, March 2023, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/recycling8020040 (SCOPUS)
Mohammad, T., Hussin, N.A.M., Husin, M.H., (2022) Online Safety Awareness and Human Factors: An Application of the Theory of Human Ecology, (2022) Technology in Society, vol. 68, pp. 101823, 2022 (ISI)
Sagedevan, S., Malim, N.H.A.H., Husin, M.H., (2021) A Seed-Guided Latent Dirichlet Allocation Approach to Predict the Personality of Online Users Using the PEN Model, (2022) Algorithms, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 87, 2022 (ISI)
Husin, M.H., Ibrahim, N.F., Abdullah, N.A., Syed-Mohamad, S.M., Samsudin, N.H., Tan, L., The Impact of Industrial Revolution 4.0 and the Future of the Workforce: A Study on Malaysian IT Professionals, (2022) Social Science Computer Review, August 2022, DOI: 10.1177/08944393221117268. (ISI)
Mahmud, A., Husin, M.H., Yusoff, M.N., Analysis on Literature Review of Internet of Things Adoption Among the Consumer at the Individual Level, (2022) Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice, vol. 10, no. 2, pg. 45-73. (SCOPUS)
Abdullahi, I.N., Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., Abdullah, N.A., Determinants of Facebook Adoption and its Impact on Service-based Small and Medium Enterprise Performance in Northwestern Nigeria, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, vol. 24, no. 3, 246-267. (SCOPUS)
Al-Sai, Z.A. Husin, M.H., Syed-Mohamad, S.M., Sadeq Abdin, R.M., Damer, N., Abualigah, L., Gandomi, A.H., Explore Big Data Analytics Applications and Opportunities: A Review, (2022) Big Data and Cognitive Computing, vol.6, no.157, December 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/bdcc6040157. (ISI/SCOPUS)
Zhu, L., Husin, M.H., A Proposed Metrics Based on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for Public Self-Service Machines, (2022) sustainability, vol. 15, no. 1, December 2022, DOI:https://doi.org/10.3390/su15010407. (SCOPUS)
Hamundu, F.M., Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., (2021) Accounting Information System Adoption Among Indonesian MSMEs: A Conceptual Model For Cloud Computing, (2021) Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp., 2021 (SCOPUS)
Na'in, N., Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., (2021), Online Crowdsourcing Platform Continous Participation During Covid-19: A Low-income Group Perspective in Malaysia, (2021) Journal of Asian Finance Economics and Business, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 317-326, 2021. (SCOPUS/ISI)
Na'in, N., Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., (2021) Technological Factors Facilitating B40's Motivation in Malaysia to Continue Using Online Crowdsourcing Platform, (2021) Journal of Asian Finance Economics and Business, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 117-126, 2021. (SCOPUS/ISI)
Abdulahi, I.N., Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., Factors Influencing the Adoption of Facebook as a Marketing Channel among SMEs in Nigeria as a Developing Country: A Conceptual Framework, (2021) Jurnal Intelek, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 99-107, 2021.
Sabeh, H.N, Husin, M.H., Kee, D.M.H, Baharudin, A.S., Abdullah, R., A Systematic Review of the DeLone and McLean Model of Information Systems Success in an E-Learning Context (2010–2020), (2021) IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 81210 - 81235, 2021, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3084815.
Al-Sai, Z.A., Abdullah, R., Husin, M.H., Critical Success Factors for Big Data: A Systematic Literature Review, (2020) IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 118940-118956, 2020, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3005461.
Mustafa, Z., Husin, M.H., Syed-Mohamad, S.M., Abdullah, N.A., Global Research Trends in Pro-Environmental Behaviour (PEB) Studies in the Field of Computer Science from 1976-2019: A Bibliometric Analysis?(2020) Journal of Scientometric Research, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 136-145.
Hamundu, F.M., Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., Khaleel, M., Intention to Adopt Cloud Accounting: A Conceptual Model from Indonesian MSMEs Perspectives, (2020) Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business (JAFEB), vol. 7, no. 12, ISSN: 2288-4637.
Abdulahi, I.N. Husin, M.H., Baharudin, A.S., Factors Influencing the Adoption of Facebook as a Marketing Channel among SMEs in Nigeria as a Developing Country: A Conceptual Framework, (2020) International Social Science Conference: Business Management and Entrepreneurship (BizMEnt) @ 5th International Innovation, Design and Articulation (i-IDEA 2020), Penang, Malaysia.
Al-Sai, Z. A., Abdullah, R., Husin, M.H., Syed-Mohamad, S.M. A preliminary systematic performance on critical success factors categories for big data analytics, (2019) International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, 9 (1), pp. 2320-2324. DOI: 10.35940/ijeat.A2657.109119 (SCOPUS).
Rosli, N.A.A., Husin, M.H. Initial exploration on an effective social media analytics method and algorithm for Instagram hashtags, (2019) International Journal of e-Business Research, 15 (3), pp. 1-15. DOI: 10.4018/IJEBR.2019070101
Husin, M.H., Lim, Y.K. InWalker: smart white cane for the blind, (2019) Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, Taylor & Francis (ISI)
Al-Sai, Z.A., Abdullah, R., Husin, M.H. A review on big data maturity models, (2019) 2019 IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, JEEIT 2019 - Proceedings, pp. 156-161. DOI: 10.1109/JEEIT.2019.8717398
Al-Sai, Z.A., Abdullah, R., Husin, M.H. Big Data Impacts and Challenges: A Review, (2019) 2019 IEEE Jordan International Joint Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, JEEIT 2019 - Proceedings, pp. 150-155. DOI: 10.1109/JEEIT.2019.8717484
Ahmad Ibrahim, M.M., Syed-Mohamad, S.M., Husin, M.H. Managing quality assurance challenges of DevOps through analytics, (2019) ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, Part F147956, pp. 194-198. DOI: 10.1145/3316615.3316670
Syed-Mohamad, S.M., Husin, M.H., Wan Zainon, W.M.N. Visualizing test-defect coverage information to support analytical reasoning and testing, (2019) ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, Part F147956, pp. 184-188. DOI: 10.1145/3316615.3316666
- Tahirah binti Mt Tahir (main supervisor) – on-going: Digital Etiquette Impacts for Social Media usage among Primary Students in Malaysia
- Abdullahi Idris Naumma (main supervisor) – on-going: Empirical Study of Factors Influencing the Adoption of Internet Banking: A Case Study from Northern Nigeria
- Salma Mohamed Elsayed Hassan Amer (main supervisor) – on-going: Examining the Adoption of Business Process Management in SME in Egypt
- Arif Mahmud (main supervisor) – on-going: Adoption of IoT For Security Purposes in Dhaka
- Mayawi A/P Baba @ Nalikant (main supervisor) – ongoing: Education and Technology: A Smarter Approach to Zero Waste Campus
- Aliyu Shehu Yakubu (main supervisor) – on-going: Cloud Computing Adoption by North-Eastern Nigerian Academic Libraries
- Alsarayreh Safa Khaled Jamil (main supervisor) - on-going: Understanding Consumer Behaviour through Social Media Metrics
- Manan Taj Noor (main supervisor) - on-going: Elearning Technology and Big Data
- Liang Zhu (main supervisor) - on-going: The Development of Data-Drive Reversible Framework to Improve the Smart Self-Service Machine
- Zaher Ali Hassan Al-Sai (2020, co-supervisor) – Big Data Framework for Government Organisations
- Gambo Idris (2021, main supervisor) – Factors Affecting NFC Adoption in Small and Medium Enterprises: An Interpretive Study of Nigeria
- Ferdinand Murni Hamundu (2022, main supervisor) – Indonesian Microbusiness and Cloud Accounting
- Nuramalina binti Mohamad Na’In (2023, main supervisor) – Factors of Attracting and Retaining Crowds among B40 to Perform Digital Task
- Hala Najwan Sabeh Al Muwassefi (2023, main supervisor) – Web-based Learning Support System: An Investigation of USM Lecturer and Students Adoption
Masters by Research
- Saravanan A/L Sagadevan (2014, co-supervisor) – completed: Personality Detection in Online Social Networking by using Three Factor Personality Model
- Abdul Salam bin Waqar Ahmed (2023, main supervisor) – completed: Mobile Technology in Government Sector
Masters Mixed Mode
- Sehrish Sher Khan (2015, completed): Design Framework for University Websites
- Han Lin Nan (2015, completed): Microblog based Information Disclosure Framework for Chinese Local Government
- Mana Mohamed Omar Ahmed (2018, completed): Enhancing the Business Process for the IT Department within the Central Bank of Libya using Microsoft SharePoint
- Norhardi bin Sabri (2019, completed): Smart Government Implementation Exploration: Flood Policy and Disaster Management System
Masters by coursework (Informatics)
- Julianna Ann A/P Manglesparun (2015, completed): A Roadmap to Adoption of Cloud Manufacturing
- Siti Salbiah bt Zainal Abidin (2016, completed): Improving Security and Accessibility on Document Management System using NFC Technology
- New Lay Kee (2016, completed): The Effectiveness of Heuristic Evaluation on User Interface Design on Airline Website
- Wong Kee Wei (2017, completed): The Pronged Solution for Existing Accounting Information System during the Ledger Close Period in Malaysia Companies
- Li Nyen Thin (2018, completed): Smart Airport Transport Suggestion Module
- Welyne Su Jhung Weng (2019, completed): User’s Intention to Adopt Library System Integrated with GPS Indoor Positioning System
- Yew Kok Leong (2021,completed): Challenges of Implementing IoT in the Supply Chain Management System of SME Food Manufacturer
- Thinking Techniques (HTV201)
- Ethic Relations (SHE101)
- Integrated Software Development Workshop (CAT200)
- Software Project Management, Process, and Evolution (CPT343/CPM314)
- Software Quality Assurance and Testing (CPT441)
- Dependable Software Systems Engineering (CSE342)
- Technopreneurship & Business Development (CIT571)
- Financial Planning & Management (CIT573)
- Business Engineering with ERP Solutions (CIT 551)
- Industrial Digital Transformation (CDT541)
- Enterprise Architecture for Digital Business Transformation (CDT544)
Recognition, Leadership & Certification
- International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC), IGI-Global, 2019 - Editorial Review Board
- Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE), 2018, MSTB-IREB
- Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), 2017, MSTB-ISTQB
- HCAI (Huawei Certified Academy Instructor), 2020, Huawei ICT Academy
- HCIA-AI (Huawei AI), 2020, Huawei ICT Academy
- MBOT Professional Technologists (Ts.), 2021
Current Professional Memberships
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Malaysian Board of Technologists (MBOT)
- Dell EMC Malaysia, 2019 – Industry survey to capture industry requirements within the Northern Region on current Computer Sciences graduates (on-going)
- Hits: 4039