Azleena Mohd Kassim, Dr
Tel : +604 653 3645
Fax : +604 653 3335
Room : 708
School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 USM, Pulau Pinang
Orcid ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7168-6535
Data To Knowledge
Knowledge Engineering & Management, Ontology as a Knowledge base, Artificial Intelligence, Metaheuristics Algorithm, Evolutionary Computing, Health Informatics, Group/Coalition Formation
Knowledge Management & Engineering
PhD in Computer Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia (Evolutionary Computing)
Masters in Computer Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia (Applied Informatics)
BSc in Computer Science (Hons), Universiti Sains Malaysia
Knowledge Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Evolutionary Computing, Health Informatics
- FRGS, KPT. Azleena Binti Mohd Kassim(Lead researcher), Wong Li Pei, Noor Mastura Binti Mohd Mujar (Co researchers) : A Multi-objective Genetic Algorithm based on Clustering and Scheduling Approach for Collaborative Surgical Team Formation, RM60450, 01/11/2020 - 30/10/2022
- Short Term Grant, USM. Azleena Binti Mohd Kassim (Lead researcher), Cheah Yu-N (Co researcher), Improving the Social- and Knowledge-based Coalition Formation (SKCF) with Ontology and Modified Combinatorial Particle Swarm Optimization (CPSO) Using Metaheuristic Algorithms, RM25,600.00, 01/02/2020-30/04/2022
- MRUN- LRGS. Wong Li Pei (Lead researcher), Azleena Binti Mohd Kassim (Co-researcher), Nur Syamimi Binti Yusoff , Suhaila Binti Sulaiman , Umi Kalsom Binti Yusof ((Co researchers), Optimization & Deep Learning on Quantum Infrastructure, RM141,800.00, 10/03/2020-09/03/2023
- FRGS, KPT. Noor Farizah Binti Ibrahim (Lead researcher), Zuraini Binti Zainol, Fauziah Binti Md Taib,(Co researchers), Azleena Binti Mohd Kassim (Co-researcher), Formulating Dynamic Brand-Customer Behavioral Interactions using a combined Topic Modelling and Collaborative-filtering Approach, RM69344, 01/11/2020 - 30/10/2022
- Yuen Chi Phang, Azleena Mohd Kassim, Ernest Mangantig; Concerns of Thalassemia Patients, Carriers, and their Caregivers in Malaysia: Text Mining Information Shared on Social Media, Healthc Inform Res. 2021;27(3):200-213. Published online July 31, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4258/hir.2021.27.3.200
- Oyelami Julius Olusegun, Azleena Mohd Kassim. Identified Human Factors in Knowledge Management for the Context of Knowledge Sharing, Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education (TURCOMAT), Vol. 12 No. 3 (2021), https://doi.org/10.17762/turcomat.v12i3.1031
- Julius Olusegun Oyelami, Azleena Mohd Kassim. Cyber Security Defence Policies: A Proposed Guideline for Organisations Cyber Security Practices, , ,
- Oyelami Julius Olusegun, Azleena Mohd Kassim. Identified Human Factors in Knowledge Management for the Context of Knowledge Sharing, The Applied Informatics International Conference, 12-13 August 2020.
- Liew, Jasy Suet Yan, Teh Je Sen, Azleena Mohd Kassim, Kee Chong Wei, Rosni Abdullah. (2020). Girls2Code: Cultivating interest in programming among young girls in Malaysia by making drawings come to life. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education for Girls and Women in Asia-Pacific. UNESCO
- Kassim, A.M., Rahim M.F., "A Knowledge-based Approach for a Collaborative Surgical Team," 2019 IEEE Conference on Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technologies (CSUDET), Penang, Malaysia, 2019, pp. 143-147, doi: 10.1109/CSUDET47057.2019.9214700
- Kassim, A.M., Cheah. Y.-N., A Social – and Knowledge-Based Coalition Formation using Ontology and Social Networks. Journal of Fundamental of Applied Science, 2018, 10(2S), 1013-1027
- Kassim, A.M., Cheah, Y.-N., Ismail, B.I., Knowledge Representation of Social and Coalition Factors in Coalition Formation using an Ontology Framework, International Journal of Knowledge Engineering, 2018, Vol 4(1), pp. (1-9).
- Kassim, A.M., Cheah. Y.-N.,. SEMblog: An Ontology-Based Semantic Blogging Tool for Knowledge Identification, Organization, and Reuse, Chapter in a Book: Ontology-Based Applications for Enterprise Systems and Knowledge Management Copyright © 2013, pp. 210-223
- Kassim, A.M., Cheah, Y.-N., Hashim, I.H.M. Identifying social factors and representation for knowledge based coalition formation systemIdentifying social factors and representation for knowledge based coalition formation system (2010) Proceedings 2010 International Symposium on Information Technology - System Development and Application and Knowledge Society, ITSim'10, 3, art. no. 5561494, pp. 1450-1455.
- Azleena Mohd Kassim, Yu-N Cheah and Intan Hashimah Mohd Hashim, “Adapting Social Factors in Ontology Representation for a Knowledge Based Coalition Formation System”, 2nd International Conference on Information and Multimedia Technology (ICIMT 2010), Hong Kong, China, pp. 244 – 248, 28-30 December 2010
- Azleena Mohd Kassim and Yu-N Cheah, “A knowledge-based approach for computational cultural dynamics on the semantic web”, Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference Applied Computing 2009, Rome, Italy, Vol. 2. IADIS Press, pp. 317-320, 19-21 November 2009
- Azleena Mohd Kassim and Yu-N Cheah, “A Knowledge and Ontology-Based Coalition Formation Using Social Network Analysis”, The 2009 International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering (IKE'09), USA, pp. 622-626, July 13-16, 2009
- Azleena Mohd Kassim, Muhamad Rashidi A Rahman and Yu-N Cheah, “A Knowledge-Based E-mail System Using Semantic Categorization and Rating Mechanisms”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Computer and Information Engineering Vol:2, No:9, pp. 2898-2902, 2008
- Azleena Mohd Kassim and Yu-N Cheah, “Using Semantic Web, Ontologies and Blogs for Knowledge Identification, Organisation and Reuse”, International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics 2007 (ICEEI 2007), Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia, pp. 17-19, June 17-19, 2007
- PHD: Main supervisor: Oyelami Julius Olusegun, Doctor of Philosophy, Research - Full Time, Knowledge Management Assurance Model for Intelligent Cybersecurity Defence System, 2020- current
- PHD: Main supervisor: Alotaibi Khalid Fahad F , Doctor of Philosophy, Research - Full Time, Conceptual Model and Practical Roadmap for Technological Factors Affecting the Selection of EHR System for Hospitals.
- PHD: Co-supervisor: Aliyu Yakubu Shehu , Doctor of Philosophy, Research - Full Time, Assessing the Determinants for Adoption of Automation System in Academic Libraries in Bauchi State, 2020- current
- PHD: Co-supervisor: Thaeer Mueen Sahib, Doctor of Philosophy, Research - Full Time, Automation System for Solid Waste Disposal Using Programmable Logic Controller, 2020- current
- Masters in Comp Science (mixed mode): Zhang Haotian, A hotel rating model based on user reviews using TF-IDF approach and three-layer bidirectional LSTM, 2021
- Masters in Informatics: Faizilah Binti Ab Halim, Acceptance on the Conceptual System Architecture Design of Unstructured Medical Record Data Conversion, 2021.
- Masters in Informatics: Norhanizah Binti Minin, A Decision Making Approach to Form a Collaborative Team in Organization, 2019.
- Masters in Informatics: Muhammad Fitry Bin Rahim, A Knowledge-Based System For Collaborative Medical Team, 2019
- Masters in DataScience: Ameer Zaaman bin Raja Salim, Prediction of Execution Time for PCIe performance with Regression Models, 2021
- Masters in DataScience: Zam Zam Syafurah Binti Samsudin, Fuzzy rough set models for machine learning, 2021
- Masters in DataScience: Nur Farahin Binti Hanafi Chia, Forecast target sales and enhance performance of KPI system by apply business intelligence analysis, 2021
- Masters in DataScience: : Phang Yuen Chi, Text mining on social media to explore health-related concerns among thalassemia patients and their caregivers using Topic Modelling, 2020.
- Masters in DataScience: Choy Wah Chyang, Prediction of carbon monoxide (CO) atmospheric pollution concentrations using meteorological variable, 2019.
- Masters in DataScience: Stephanie A/p Segaran, Rainfall Prediction Using Machine Learning Approach to Reduce the Number of Flood Affected Areas in Penang, 2019.
CSE241 Foundations of Software Engineering
CMT321: Management and Engineering of Databases
CMT222: System Analysis and Design
CIT563: Consumer Health Informatics