[REWS WORKSHOP] A "Quick Start" Introduction to LaTeX
A “Quick Start” Introduction to LaTeX
25 March 2021 (Thursday) 2:00pm – 4:30pm VIRTUAL via Webex
This workshop provides a basic introduction to LaTeX. It focuses on providing the participants with the basic understanding of the various commands in a LaTeX document which includes referencing, inserting figures, tables, and algorithms. It will be a hands-on session using Overleaf as the LaTeX compiler and JabRef as the referencing manager. At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to understand the basic structure of a LaTeX document, be introduced to some of the basic commands or packages, manage references using JabRef, and successfully typeset manuscripts using LaTeX templates and Overleaf.
- This workshop is opened to all CS students and staffs.
- You need to register to participate in the workshop.
- You will receive Webex details via your email for the virtual session.
- You will need to register an account with Overleaf and also download JabRef for the hands-on session.
- Register using <LaTeX Workshop Form> at http://bit.ly/rewslatex
- Workshop Latex Template – <A Quick Start Introduction to Latex> by Dr. Teh at http://bit.ly/rewslatextemplate
- Workshop Registration Due: 19 March 2021
- Workshop Date & Time: 25 March 2021, 2:00pm-4:30pm
Dr. Teh Je Sen holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science, specializing in cryptography and cryptanalysis. Prior to being an academic, he has worked in Intel as a Design Automation engineer. He is actively conducting research in cryptography, designing and cryptanalyzing encryption algorithms based on various approaches such as GPU parallel processing and machine learning. To date, he has co-authored over 30 papers in high impact factor journals and reputable indexed conferences, almost all of which have been typeset using LaTeX.